Tuesday, December 6, 2016

These are things that bother me:

- how normal it is for the evildoer in any kid or adult show to have some kind of accent (for eg. a Sunday school Christmas movie has the couple with child -- a couple of turtles -- as outsiders not having an accent, and the local evildoers, I think it was a crab with a sidekick, with thick accents). Perpetuating fear of the other in our littles?

-  Eden likes to ask me to look up images on my phone from time to time. She says "nose," and I image search it. All the noses are white noses. I search "toes," same thing (also some gross images of weird fungal toes, as a warning). I search arm, or eyes, same thing. White white white white white white white. I search "babies," they're all light-skinned. Good grief even if you search "yellow" or "blue" there are varying shades.

No comments:

Post a Comment